Saturday, March 20, 2010

define: complaining

or you can just click here.

norah jones is playing with m. ward on austin city limits right now.  they sound really good live.

at one point in my life, a good percentage of my friends were in to things like art and music.  it was inspiring, in it's own ways - I wanted to make music with them, do art, listen and hear their things.  but now, I wasn't in to too many different artists.  I wasn't that cool.  I still have this little flicker of pride deep down knowing that I still don't listen to too many main stream artists.  in fact the majority of what I listen to are still things that too many of my friends haven't heard of.

sometimes I wish it wasn't like that, though.  I wish I had a friend from time to time that was in to more of the the things I was in to, and wasn't very esoteric. I wish I wasn't, too - if I am at all.  but I don't think I can't be, because it's really just me and my own thoughts and I can see how they hardly get me anywhere.

anyways I've done art and music recently, and I feel like i have to force it on to people in order to even get feed back.  it's discouraging.  I've written 2 songs in the last month and they will make their way to no one's ears.  but is that complaining? 

1 comment:

  1. have i heard song number 2? i'm thinking of 2 different songs but i think one of them is more than a month old..

    i love you and your talent

    ReplyDelete